Functional Stability Training for the Upper Body
Mike Reinold & Eric Cressey's Integrated Rehab and Training for the Upper Body
Functional Stability Training for the Upper Body takes a hard look at the upper extremity and how to most effectively optimize function. By addressing alignment, strength, mobility, and dynamic motor control, you can maximize your rehabilitation and training programs to reach optimal performance.
FST for the Upper Body is a new program from Mike Reinold and Eric Cressey. FST for the Upper Body integrates the concepts learned from FST for the Core and FST for the Lower Body, and serves as the sequel to their previous educational program, Optimal Shoulder Performance. FST for the Upper Body is perfect as a stand alone program, but also builds off Optimal Shoulder Performance to help take your knowledge to the next level.
Proper function of the upper extremities is complicated and requires the arm to work in conjunction with the scapula, thorax, cervical spine, and core to provide mobility, strength, and power to the entire body. Any deficits in stability throughout the body’s kinetic chain can lead to injury, dysfunction, and a decrease in performance in the upper body. FST for the Upper Body aims to help formulate rehabilitation and training programs designed to optimize how the upper body functions.
The FST for the Upper Body program can be applied to rehabilitation, injury prevention, and performance enhancement programs.
For the rehabilitation specialist, the information will help you restore functional activities faster. For the fitness and performance specialists, the information will help you achieve new progress with your clients to maximize functional and athletic potential. For the fitness enthusiast, the information will help you gain control of your upper body, maximize functional movement, and reduce wear and tear due to faulty movement patterns.
Mike Reinold & Eric Cressey
Train the Upper Body to Maximize Function while Minimizing Poor Movement Patterns. Simple, yet highly effective.
Get started now!
“After 30 years of coaching I do whatever I can to cut out the middle man when it comes to learning a concept, method, or training strategy- I go straight to the source whenever possible. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with the precision and focus of two of the best professional in performance and therapy. Mike Reinold and Eric Cressey are game changers and Functional Stability Training is world-class”
Lee Taft, Strength Coach, LeeTaft.com
"As I get older, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that I get jaded from time-to-time. I see so many crappy fitness products on the market it makes me sick. But when guys like Eric Cressey and Mike Reinold put something together, I’m reminded how kick-ass and awesome our industry really is, and how impactful we can be if we set out minds to it. To say that it’s excellent would be an understatement. Quite simply, these are two of the best in our industry, and this seminar is top notch. Whether it’s assessment, coaching, program design, or just little tips and tricks, I guarantee you’ll learn a ton from this seminar series."
Mike Roberston – RobertsonTrainingSystems.com
"When I think of one of the more “dynamic” duos in the industry – not to mention two guys who put out a TON of quality content – it’s hard not to think of Eric Cressey and Mike Reinold. Eric and Mike leave no stone unturned in the program. This would be a SOLID addition to any fitness professionals library."
Tony Gentilcore – TonyGentilcore.com
"Mike Reinold and Eric Cressey together offer a unique combination of knowledge, experience, and teaching-energy that doesn’t exist often. I consider them both friends and highly recommend all of their collaborations. Functional Stability Training is no exception and something I recommend to everyone that wants to be a better coach or therapist."
Kevin Barr, Tampa Bay Rays Strength and Conditioning Coordinator and founder of TheBBR.com
"The FST series is one of the most valuable resources I’ve come across in my career. My entire team is better because of this series. If you want to be the best of the best, FST is a resource that you can’t pass up. Mike and Eric are two of the best in the industry and their products have really helped me get to where I am as a professional. I can’t say enough about the depth and quality of what they put out. I know its cliche’ but this product is a no brainer."
Steve Long NSCA, FMS – SmartGroupTraining.com
Here is What You Will Learn
The FST for the Upper Body is available as a completely online educational program, as well as a DVD. The program is several hours of video of Mike and Eric during lecture and hands-on lab sessions teaching the FST for the Upper Body program. Topics include:
Module 1 – How Posture and Position Influence Upper Extremity Function
- Influence of the scapula, cervical spine, thorax, and lumbopelvic region on the upper extremity
- How poor posture and positioning causes muscle imbalances, decreased strength, decreased muscle function, and often pain
- How loss of thoracic mobility, forward head posture, anterior pelvic and more can reduce upper extremity function and performance
- Why integrating alignment, mobility, strength, and dynamic stability are ket to optimal function
Module 2 – Understanding and Managing Joint Hypermobility
- How to determine how hypermobile a client or patient is
- What factors determine this mobility
- Why an individual can feel “tight” for many different reasons
- Why not all tightness should be stretched out
- Which populations are most likely to be hypermobile – and what other conditions may affect them
- How to write warm-ups and strength training programs for hypermobile clients and patients
Module 3 – Understanding the Elbow: Functional Anatomy, Common Injuries, and Conditions
- Why learning functional anatomy is an important prerequisite to understanding elbow function and injuries/conditions
- Which injuries/conditions are most common at the elbow
- What risk factors predispose individuals to these issues
- Why not all elbow pain originates at the elbow
- Why tennis elbow is more common in recreational players than professional players
- How lifters can avoid chronic elbow issues
Module 4 – Elbow Injuries: Evaluation and Management
- Understand the different types of elbow injuries
- Learn how to perform a thorough elbow examination and assessment
- Understand the principles of elbow rehabilitation, as well as specific info for UCL injuries, valgus extension overload, ulnar neuropathy, epicondylitis, and more
- Learn why and how the kinetic chain should be integrated into elbow treatment
Module 5 – Assessment and Management of Thoracic Mobility Restrictions (Live Lab Demo)
- Why, how, and when to integrate neuromuscular control drills into your rehab and training programs
- Learn the phases of proper neuromuscular control development
- Understand several progressions designed to maximize neuromuscular control
Module 6 – Assessment and Management of Muscle Imbalances of the Shoulder and Scapula (Live Lab Demo)
- A step by step approach to integrating NM control drills
- How to gradually increase challenge to you drills to maximize NM control development
- Know when to increase or decrease the challenge provided
Module 7 – Assessment and Management of Scapular Position (Live Lab Demo)
- Understand whether unilateral deadlift variations have afford as many benefit as unilateral squats
- Appreciate that not all types deadlifts are created equal
- Learn which body types are most suited to different styles of deadlifting
- Appreciate different coaching cues one can utilize to improve deadlift technique
- Review the differences between the deadlift and first pull of the Olympic lifts
Module 8 – Assessment and Management of Elbow Epicondylitis (Live Lab Demo)
- Understand the need for non-linear speed and strength protocols
- Appreciate the role of proper footwear in change-of-direction work
- Learn dozens of exercises and where they fit on the progression-regression continuum
- Appreciate a yearly planning model for transverse and frontal plane power development
What People are Saying About FST for the Upper Body
Get started now!
“Your Success is 100% Guaranteed
… Or Your Money Back”
We know that FST is going to make a significant difference for you. That’s why this program comes with a rock solid 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don’t think FST has helped enhance you skills or improve you outcomes, simply let us know within 30 days of purchase and we’ll refund you 100% of your purchase price, no questions asked.
Purchase the entire Functional Stability Training program
Interested in the entire FST bundle?
Each FST Program is $129, or purchase all 4 modules together and save over $40!
Click below for more information.